Tuesday, September 11, 2007

More Visa drama!!



AAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Man, people make it hard for you to move to another country. I gotta skedaddle back to the US. Turns out, I can't get my spouse visa while in the UK (which will allow me to come and go as I please for two years only). So, we're packing up the family and heading back to the US to get everything sorted out.
And oh, don't get me started on the whole fiasco with the Life in the UK test--turns out I was wrongly informed that I needed to take it immediately. FALSE!!! I didn't need to do it for another 2 years!! (grumble grumble bitch and grumble)

Can I tell you how scared to death I am to travel overseas with my 4 month old baby??!

Please oh please let this all pass with minimal trouble. Hopefully, we'll all be back in a couple of weeks.

Wish us luck!

5 Comments:

At Sep 11, 2007, 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Pille said...

Good luck, Peggy! A Japanese friend of mine recently got her UK spouse's visa in Japan, and it went very smoothly. So don't worry :)

 
At Sep 11, 2007, 2:13:00 PM, Blogger Peggy Brunache said...

Thank you, Pille! It's really been causing me quite a bit of stress. But since we went through the proper channels the first time around with the fiancee visa, hopefully, there will be no problems again. And I don't have to worry about this again for another 2 years!

 
At Sep 17, 2007, 5:46:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Good luck!! :) I'm sure that everything will turn out okay.

 
At Sep 19, 2007, 1:24:00 AM, Blogger Jamie Brandon said...

GOOD LUCK!

 
At Sep 25, 2007, 3:47:00 PM, Blogger Bhuidhe said...

Babies travel well, it's toddlers that kill you. I started travelling overseas through necessity with my first child (alone) when he was 6 weeks old. Other trips included New York when he was 10 months old. I now travel on a reasonably regular basis alone with three children. I'm still here to tell the tale. Nae hass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home