Friday, March 28, 2008

Things that are Confusing Me Right Now



(by the way...that's not me above. Just wanted to use a pic of a confused black woman like myself)

I don't want this to be a serious gripe post. But if anyone anywhere can enlighten me on this, I'd be much obliged.


1-Why in the hell do commercials play at a such a louder volume than the movies and sitcoms before them? I am constantly having to keep the remote in hand to lower the volume down as soon as it goes to commercial. I'm telling you, it's TWICE the volume when the commercial comes on? Why is this legal? Why is it allowed to happen?

2- Why does SkyMovies on Virgin Media (cable) TV play Christmas movies at least twice a month EVERY MONTH before December? Here's my Americanness coming out but...damn it, Christmas movies should only be shown around Christmas time!! Not year round. It takes away the sentiment and special-ness (if you'll permit me a fake word).

3- Why does Virgin Media TV (our cable company) always behave like an irksome robot from some bad 1960's sitcom? We constantly have to reboot the damn thing just to get to see movies or tv listings for the next hour.

6 Comments:

At Mar 29, 2008, 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Bhuidhe said...

1. I believe it is illegal, but no one can be bothered to do anything about it.
2. Because it's cheap (and no one can be bothered to do anything about it)
3. Because they don't want to invest in a decent service, see point 2 above (and no one can be bothered to do anything about it).

Courage Peggy, sooner or later you'll sleep all night, be able to hire a babysitter every so often, and dump the TV and Dickie Branson for a cinema or a theatre. :-)

(The TV in Italy is so desperately crap that I hadn't even noticed we lost the remote control 6 months ago till my son found it under the sofa cushions the other day, this also gives an indication of how much I enjoy housework).
Jane :-)

 
At Mar 29, 2008, 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Peggy Brunache said...

Jane,
Thank you for the encouragement. I guess it's quite obvious that the little things are getting to me since I get so little sleep. (guess who's mad and crying because we put up a child guard/gate so he can't get to mommy's and daddy's books to rip)

 
At Apr 10, 2008, 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Vakker Kvinne said...

Hope you are holding up okay....

 
At Aug 19, 2008, 3:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was excellent fun to read and the picture, nice touch!

 
At Aug 24, 2009, 3:09:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Interracial Amour is a new dating service where professional and collegiate white men (non-black men) can search exclusively for sophisticated black women. In other words, the chase is on for beautiful black women. Visit us at http://www.InterracialAmour.com and read our recruiting campaign letter.

 
At Feb 20, 2010, 10:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home