Friday, June 09, 2006

Cocktail Parties and the World Cup!



Alright y'all. Unfortunately, I don't have time to write a real post....yet because Andy and I are hosting a cocktail party tonight. We've been working on it all week so there will definitely be some things to report next week. Also, tonight is the start of the World Cup and damn, I'm already sick of it.

Much to say about that in the upcoming blog. Interestingly enough, the Scots are not backing England (rise up, we Colonized!) and instead will support Trinidad and Tobago!
You should see the stores with all this T & T paraphernalia.

This weekend, we're heading up into the Highlands, near Aberfeldy, to hang with the folks and celebrate Andy's dad's b-day. Did someone say bbq? Yup, had to make my Drunken Love bbq sauce for the event. With the amount of whiskey drinking to come, I expect to lose quite a few brain cells and at least 3% of my liver. The things I will do for my father-in-law to be!

I'll be writing you soon, esp. on my confusion as to why Andy loves that damn Hanson song, "Um Bop". Somebody help me...

PS--I have seen at least 10 black folk walking around Perth. Unfortunately, they always seem to be heading in the direction of the train station and I never see the same person twice.

Hey, who knows? Maybe someone lives around here besides me.

5 Comments:

At Jun 9, 2006, 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Brandon said...

John in Morocco is supporting Ghana (as he paritally grew up there)! Check it out:
http://jprschaefer.blogspot.com/

...and how about the Fédération Haïtienne de Football...I think they made the World Cup back in 1974.

 
At Jun 9, 2006, 4:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peggy-

I love that Hanson song! "Um Bop" was the sh*t for some of us young, black, wannabe rockers. I still know some of the words. Question(s): Does that song get major airplay in Scotland? I think one of the Hanson boys put out an album a few years ago. There has to be something on the album that's cool.

 
At Jun 9, 2006, 4:46:00 PM, Blogger colored me said...

Yay FIFA! I can't decide between Ghana and T & T. I almost decided to back Tunisia, just because.

 
At Jun 9, 2006, 7:01:00 PM, Blogger John Schaefer said...

We're Ghana Win the World Cup! No question!!!

 
At Jun 13, 2006, 12:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great party! Don't forget to play "Um Bop!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home